WiP Wednesday

Two weeks in a row! I guess you can call it progress 😛

So, I figured it’s time to make a proper post about that huge thing I’ve been working on for months now. And here it is:
wpid-20150127_133742.jpg

A gigantic knitted Dunsparce! (Another Pokemon, of course.)

The body is now finally stuffed and closed up, so it’s easier to move around and I could get a decent photo of the whole thing. I honestly have no idea how many balls of yellow yarn this has taken, but I know that it’s taken more than six regular-sized pillows to stuff it. Using old pillows was actually the boyfriend’s suggestion, as he forbade me to use regular polyester stuffing. A wise decicion, I think, as it would’ve cost as much as a month’s rent or something.

I started knitting this last August, first with a thinner yarn (held double) and 5 mm needles, but I quickly realized that I’d end up with so many stitches that I would never be able to finish it. So after a few days I started over with thicker yarn and 6 mm needles, and now, almost six months later, the body is finally done 🙂 I didn’t work on it continously, though, I’m not that slow 😛 I’ve done other things in between, mainly because I’ve waited for more old pillows to scavenge for stuffing. My mother actually had to bring a couple more when she visited in December because I’d used all our spares, and now the two she brought are gone as well. Heh.

Anyway, for those who don’t know, here is what the pokemon actually looks like:

206Dunsparce

(Pic borrowed from Bulbapedia)

My version is going to be shiny, though, meaning that the blue parts will be pink. Can’t wait to knit with something other than yellow! 😀

Advertisements

Gracidea flower

wpid-20141014_221118.jpg

One of my favorite Pokemon is a very cute little green hedgehog called Shaymin, who is covered in these pretty pink flowers. So naturally I thought I should make one and give it to Bollan so she can be pretty like Shaymin 🙂
wpid-20141014_221217.jpg

It became quite a bit larger than I’d planned, so I’m not sure how easy it will be to use it as a pin (which I will attach on the back) because it is fairly heavy, but I’ll figure something out.
wpid-20141021_142445.jpg

The color of the green leaves isn’t quite right, unfortunately, but it was all I had available. It’s supposed to be a bright Christmas tree green, but I’m not sure if that color even exists for this yarn anymore, I haven’t seen it for ages.

There is no pattern for this, but I took notes and pictures in case there is an interest 🙂 It will have to be a free pattern, since I don’t feel like I can make a profit of copyrighted stuff. I know that lots of people make and sell both patterns and finished pokemon amigurumi, and I guess this kind of falls under fan art, but still. We’ll see, I still haven’t decided.