Knitted Nessie :)

20140223_200834

My last project for the Ravellenic Games is finished! Another WiP, of course πŸ™‚

Poor Nessie (pattern by Hansi Singh) had been in progress for almost three years, and it was almost done, too. This picture was uploaded to the project page on Ravelry in March 2011:

26032011090_medium2When I started knitting last night, though, all ends were already woven in, and the creature also had eyes. Even less work πŸ™‚

I entered this in the 2012 Ravellenics, but never got round to doing it. I guess one big obstacle was that we’d just moved and I would have to dig though my boxes in storage to find pipe cleaners for the tail and neck, and I just couldn’t be bothered. But today I made my boyfriend help me with the boxes, and now it’s finally done, stuffed and closed up during the closing ceremony πŸ™‚ Finished grafting the last two stitches together just as the torch was extinguished, and the last few ends were woven in before the fireworks ended. Phew!

20140223_201057

Advertisements

Stegosaurus!

image

I finished another one of PlanetJune’s awesome dinosaur patterns! First project of the Ravellenic Games is completed πŸ™‚

I don’t know what I did when putting this dino together, but something went a bit wonky. Perhaps I wasn’t paying enough attention… The head is on sideways and the legs point every which way. Oh well, at least he’s still cute πŸ™‚
image

I think I started this guy in 2012, shortly after finishing the other three (I guess I was in dino mode for a while), but I only finished the body. Last summer I got as far as crocheting head, legs and two plates. I was really determined to finish it, but at the start of the Olympics on Friday I still had to make and attach the rest of the back plates… I guess that says something about my ability to finish the things I start. As with everything else in my life. Heh. But hey, it’s done now, and I’m quite pleased with it.
image

The tail is a little bit raised, I made more plates and placed them a bit differently, and gave him tail spikes. Gave myself a lot more fiddly work, but totally worth it πŸ™‚

Dimetrodon

Oh look! Here’s another dinosaur πŸ™‚

image

My seventh project for the Ravellenics is yet another of PlanetJune’s dinosaurs. I do have one more that I started last year, but there’s too much left on it to finish it now. So maybe later πŸ™‚

Anyway. I finished up the tip of the tail and made the sail and all four legs right after I finished the Brachiosaurus yesterday. I guess I got a little hooked on dinos πŸ™‚ I want to make more, but I have other WiPs to finish before the Olympics end. Sunday, is it?

image

All three dinosaurs together. Soon I’ll have my very own Jurassic Park πŸ˜€

Brachiosaurus

My sixth Ravellenic project is another dinosaur by PlanetJune.

image

This one was a bit more work to finish than the last one. Had to finish stuffing and crocheting the tail, plus do all four legs. Didn’t take much time to do, but I’m in the middle of moving houses, so my mind is really all over the place at the moment. So what could have taken an hour or two ended up taking three days. Heh.

image

I made quite a few modifications to this guy. The head is a little bit different (I wanted him to have that bump on top of his head), the body is shorter and shaped a little more to give him higher shoulders and a little bit of a pelvis, and the tail is longer. As always, the color is pretty dull, but I was going for a more realistic look. I think he came out great, I love him πŸ™‚

Parasaurolophus

My fifth project for the Ravellenic Games is done πŸ˜€

image

Not that much needed to be done, though, as it was just missing a leg. But now it’s finally all finished, yay πŸ™‚ I started several of PlanetJune’s dinosaurs last summer, but didn’t finish any of them before the holiday was over, and after that they’ve just been living in a box with my yarn stash. Pretty sad, cause they’re all awesome and deserve to be finished.

image

What a cutie she is πŸ™‚