An olympic snail!

I made another thing today! Found a completed snail shell in a project box, so all I had to do was make and attach the body. Very quick and simple 🙂

Sewed a pretty flower button on its head, and done 😀

Unfortunately I think this will be my last finished project for these Ravellenic Games, as I have too much left on the knotted bag to finish it before midday tomorrow. Boo. But I have made progress, so maybe next time 😛


Finally, a bear!

I finally finished something for the games! I’ve knitted away on the dice bag, but haven’t made as much progress as I’d hoped. I did finish the bear, though, after much frustration and sore fingers…

I thought it would be finished a day sooner, but I realized too late I’d made a mistake and had to unravel one of the shoes past the part where I’d already sewn in an end. It was a mess. So I took a break and finished it the next day.

In all her anarchic glory 😀

And last night I finished this itty bitty pink Cthulhu! Another really old wip, also from 2008, but before the bear. You can see it’s made “inside-out” which I stopped doing some time that year. It’s not wrong, exactly, but I like the “right” side better 🙂

I had to make soles on the feet, finish the wings, and the arms. Very strange to have to crochet the “wrong” way now after so many years of doing it the other way 😛 But I gave it away to a friend who was very happy with it, so it’s all good 😀

Now I’m going to continue knitting on the dice bag and see how far I get before Sunday…

The Games have begun!

So I didn’t manage to finish the set of Lovecraft critters before the Olympics like I hoped… But I’m going to finish it, I promise! It’s just on hold right now while the Ravellenics are happening, I’ll pick it up as soon as the games are over in a couple of weeks 🙂

Anyway, I had planned to make a prep post before the games began yesterday, presenting the projects I’ll be working on, but ran out of time. Plus, some of the projects I want to finish are in storage, so I need to go down to the basement and get them, which is … bleh. Don’t like going down there 😛

Yesterday I continued knitting on a bag I started in 2011, from a free pattern called Deep Sea Flower Dice Bag. The bottom was done and two or three rounds of the sides, so the hard work of the seed stitch bottom and then picking up stitches around it was done 🙂

Beginning of a dice bag

But I’m using a thinner yarn than the pattern recommends, and many more stitches, so it’s still going to take a while to finish… I only managed to knit about a centimeter yesterday, so I think I have to work on this thing throughout the games, and hopefully, after knitting maybe five or ten rounds every day, it will be finished before the closing ceremony 🙂

In the meantime, I’ve started working on this thing again:

Punk bear 😀

This is a pattern from Elizabeth Doherty’s book Amigurumi! Super Happy Crochet Cute and the pattern is called Strawbeary. It’s a really sweet little bear, but I decided to punk her up a bit 😀 Only have the rest of the skirt and the legs left, so hopefully she’ll be done soon 🙂

Well, I’ll update again once I’ve actually finished something 😛