The Games are over, and I had my first taste of everyday life again today, after nearly two weeks of frantic crafting, sports watching, and a quick trip to Denmark (read all about it on Bollan’s blog!). And with a tiny bit of studying in between. My math exam went really well, by the way 🙂 I got a C! Quite unexpected, I must admit, but I’m not complaining. Finally a grade I can live with 🙂
I finished six projects this time, only one of which was made completely during the games. Fewer things than I finished two years ago, but the projects were bigger and needed more work this time, so I’m quite happy with my achievement. Actually made a decent dent in my WiP pile 😀
Here they are all together 🙂
One of the things I wanted to make but didn’t have time for was the hairpin lace cowl or scarf (still haven’t decided how I’ll finish it). I did start, but I only have about half of a strip, so there’s still a lot left to do. Will try to finish it soon, though, I really like the yarn and want to see how it turns out. Or, you know, it will end up as a WiP for the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro 😛
Not really sure what to do with myself now that there’s nothing worth watching on TV anymore… And on top of it, I think I’m coming down with the flu or something. I’ve been really dizzy the past few days and this morning I woke up with a sore throat. Bleh. I expect that my activity here on the blog will quiet down for a while, I have more than enough school work to catch up on. But I will be back 🙂
My last project for the Ravellenic Games is finished! Another WiP, of course 🙂
Poor Nessie (pattern by Hansi Singh) had been in progress for almost three years, and it was almost done, too. This picture was uploaded to the project page on Ravelry in March 2011:
When I started knitting last night, though, all ends were already woven in, and the creature also had eyes. Even less work 🙂
I entered this in the 2012 Ravellenics, but never got round to doing it. I guess one big obstacle was that we’d just moved and I would have to dig though my boxes in storage to find pipe cleaners for the tail and neck, and I just couldn’t be bothered. But today I made my boyfriend help me with the boxes, and now it’s finally done, stuffed and closed up during the closing ceremony 🙂 Finished grafting the last two stitches together just as the torch was extinguished, and the last few ends were woven in before the fireworks ended. Phew!
And yet another WiP finished 🙂
Started these in January last year, shortly after I learned nalbinding. They were pretty much done, until I decided to knit an edge on the front. Got tired of knitting with black mohair (very hard to see and keep track of stitches, and nearly impossible to unravel) and put them aside for a while. And that while became a very long while 😛
Last night I did the two rounds that were left on one and knitted all of the other edge as well, and I stitched them up this morning. It didn’t take more than an hour in total. I picked up 29 sts for the edge, increased to 42 sts, knit about four rounds, did a round with holes, and then another six rounds. Folded the knitting inwards and stitched along the edge. So nice and comfy 🙂
The black stitches on the wrist edge were really supposed to be the other way around, facing outwards, as it were, but I just couldn’t figure out how to do it. So this is how it went. (Someone said YouTube tutorial? Oh well, next time 😛 )
My first ever completed nalbinding project! 🙂
I made this hat for my mother for her birthday, which is next week. Hoping she doesn’t check my blog… She knows about it, though, because I asked her about a month ago if she wanted a new hat, and I had her measure her head. Hopefully she’s forgotten all about it by now 🙂
The tassel thingies are crocheted, and the swirly pattern is needle felted on (because I suck so hard at free hand embroidery). Sadly the needle feelting didn’t really stick as much as I thought it would – you can just peel it off if you want to – so I stitched over the pattern with a few strands of light purple embroidery floss. Hopefully it’ll hold 🙂 I planned to make a matching pair of wristwarmers, but I’ll have to see if I have time before she comes to visit next Wednesday. They won’t be a Ravellenic project, so I’ll try to do some other stuff first. Only one day left of the Games!
Bollan is the best hat model 😀
Another WiP finished for the Ravellenic Games 🙂
First, let me just say that this is not a new fly pattern, but rather an expansion of the original. I just really like flies and I wanted to make a greenbottle, because they’re so shiny and pretty 🙂 I’ve explained the changes I’ve made in the notes of the project page on Ravelry, so check them out if you want to, but note that you need to have the original pattern to make any sense of them.
Anyway. This had been in progress for a long time. Originally I started both this and a bluebottle together, but I only finished this one for the games. The bluebottle was barely started, and so I decided I wouldn’t have time to do them both. This is what I started with:
A stuffed body with one eye attached, the other eye, eyelids and wings. I’m pretty sure it had legs at some point, but I guess I must have taken them and used them on another bug… So I made new legs and a proboscis, and voila 🙂