Two weeks in a row! I guess you can call it progress 😛
A gigantic knitted Dunsparce! (Another Pokemon, of course.)
The body is now finally stuffed and closed up, so it’s easier to move around and I could get a decent photo of the whole thing. I honestly have no idea how many balls of yellow yarn this has taken, but I know that it’s taken more than six regular-sized pillows to stuff it. Using old pillows was actually the boyfriend’s suggestion, as he forbade me to use regular polyester stuffing. A wise decicion, I think, as it would’ve cost as much as a month’s rent or something.
I started knitting this last August, first with a thinner yarn (held double) and 5 mm needles, but I quickly realized that I’d end up with so many stitches that I would never be able to finish it. So after a few days I started over with thicker yarn and 6 mm needles, and now, almost six months later, the body is finally done 🙂 I didn’t work on it continously, though, I’m not that slow 😛 I’ve done other things in between, mainly because I’ve waited for more old pillows to scavenge for stuffing. My mother actually had to bring a couple more when she visited in December because I’d used all our spares, and now the two she brought are gone as well. Heh.
Anyway, for those who don’t know, here is what the pokemon actually looks like:
(Pic borrowed from Bulbapedia)
My version is going to be shiny, though, meaning that the blue parts will be pink. Can’t wait to knit with something other than yellow! 😀